Millions of Americans suffer with the long-term and ongoing struggles of chronic pain. Almost any physically traumatizing incident, from auto accidents to sports injuries, can cause chronic pain that requires professional treatment methods for relief and alleviation.
Mainstream medicine tends to take shortcuts when addressing pain management. By utilizing only prescription medication, most pain management specialists treat only the symptoms of chronic pain, not its underlying causes.
Fortunately, the Charlotte pain management specialists at Dynamic Health have perfected an alternative approach to healing chronic pain. Continue reading to learn more about the groundbreaking process of therapeutic injections.
Charlotte Pain Management
Prescription pain medications take a shotgun approach to pain management. By filling the patient’s entire bloodstream with chemical numbing agents, the symptoms of pain can be addressed without ever having to identify the root cause.
Today, however, imaging technologies like video fluoroscopy can be employed to pinpoint the exact cause and nature of your chronic pain. This approach can be used to definitively establish pain management treatment catered to your unique cause of pain, without falling back on prescription medications.
Proven Treatment Protocols
After knowing the precise cause of your pain, a qualified anesthesiologist will be able to administer localized treatment. First, the use of a local anesthetic will give you the same fast and immediate relief as prescription pain medication.
Then, by injecting anti-inflammatory corticosteroids into the exact source of your pain, a provider will boost your body’s ability to strengthen and heal itself. Unlike prescription medications which merely dull the problem, corticosteroids will mimic hormones naturally produced in your body and trigger self-healing.
For immediate pain relief, we can provide creams, supplements, supportive devices, physiotherapy and natural and medicated injection therapy.
- Creams can help to alleviate the pain area and reduce sensitivity
- Supplements assist in increasing circulation and decreasing the inflammation throughout the entire body
- Supportive devices stabilize an injured, weakened or degenerative area of the body
- Various physiotherapy equipment can decrease pain, reduce swelling and accelerate the healing response of an area
- Natural injection therapy (also known as myofascial trigger point therapy)
- Facet injections can be used to immediately alleviate swelling in joints and allow the vertebrae to properly move with each other
- Peripheral nerve blocks can be used to treat areas of pain away from the spine, such as shoulders, knees, elbows and wrists
- Diagnostic, selective nerve root blocks and epidural steroid blocks can be performed to determine if a specific spinal nerve root is the source of pain and reduce inflammation around the nerve root, thus decreasing or relieving the pain
Our Charlotte pain management provides therapeutic injections and medical rehabilitation in a warm and welcoming environment where you will be treated as an important individual. Our courteous, highly trained team of medical professionals work together to ensure you have a pleasant and comfortable experience.