Consider the following facts from the National Institute on Drug Abuse:
- Roughly 21 to 29 percent of patients prescribed opioids for chronic pain misuse them.
- Between 8 and 12 percent of people using an opioid for chronic pain develop an opioid use disorder.
- An estimated 4 to 6 percent who misuse prescription opioids transition to heroin.
- About 80 percent of people who use heroin first misused prescription opioids.
Doctors and pharmacists are well aware of the addictive nature of certain pain medications and are cautious about prescribing them to their patients. Opioids can be a highly effective way to treat pain, but it has its risks and is not the only way to treat pain. There are a wide variety of pain management alternatives now available that don’t involve medication, but they’re not as commonly known as they should be.
Below are outlined a few alternatives that we hope you’ll find helpful:
1. Natural remedies like
- Turmeric – Contains curcumin, a natural antioxidant that can help relieve inflammation.
- Willow Bark – Contains salicin which is chemically similar to aspirin. You can get it in capsule or liquid form, as well as dried so you can use it to make tea.
- Cloves – Contains a natural chemical called eugenol which has pain relieving properties used in some over-the-counter ointments. While used commonly as a spice for cooking, you can also find cloves in oil or powder form.
- Fish oil – Has anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce pain brought by inflammation.
2. Heat and ice therapy – For acute injuries with significant swelling, put ice on the affected area. For muscle spasms, headaches, and the like, a hot bath or a heating pad can help relax stiff muscles as well as the body and mind.
3. Cutting-edge technology – At Dynamic Health Carolinas, we offer state-of-the-art pain treatment solutions, like:
- Regenerative & Growth Factor Therapy
- Unweighted Corrective Rehabilitation
- Vibration Therapy
- Passive Disc and Facet Traction Therapy
- Balance & Coordination Corrective Therapy
- Pinpoint Delivery of Medicine
- Medicated Injection Therapy
- MLS Laser Therapy
- Computerized Chiropractic Adjustments
- Accelerated Recovery Performance (ARP) Trainer
- Interactive Rehabilitation
Pain Management Solutions in Charlotte, NC
Want to learn more about our various services? Let us discuss them together to help you make pain a thing of the past. Call Dynamic Health Carolinas at (704) 525-6288 or contact us here today to schedule a complimentary consultation. We also offer telemedicine appointments, as needed. We hope to hear from you soon.